Free Home Estimates
Whether you are completing a home renovation or building a new home finding the correct heating product is important. The staff at Fireside Heating Solutions will help you to decide which fireplace is correct for you, offer advice on construction and installation decisions and provide a fair estimate for installation. Our installers are extremely knowledgeable about a variety of fireplace products, current on safety measures and building codes and will provide honest feedback about the best way to heat your home. We look forward to hearing from you to set up your free home estimate!
Fireside Heating Solutions’ installation team is licensed, bonded, and insured. Similarly, all employees of Fireside Heating Solutions are experienced, licensed and WETT certified. We pride ourselves on first class workmanship, and will ensure that your fireplace is installed correctly to the manufacturer’s specifications and to British Columbia Building Code.
- Wood Stoves & Inserts
- Zero Clearance Fireplaces
- Chimney Systems
- Refurbished or Used Wood Stoves
- Natural Gas or Propane Fireplaces & Inserts
- Outdoor Fireplaces and Fire Pits
- Patio Heaters and BBQ Outlets
- Gas Cook Tops & Ovens
Yearly and routine maintenance to your fireplace will improve its function, extend its life, and prevent costly repairs in the event of a breakdown. Fireside Heating Solutions’ qualified technicians will ensure that your fireplace is running correctly and efficiently helping to prevent problematic situations that can arise during the cold winter season.
- Overall inspection of unit
- Inspect and adjust glass and seal
- Inspect firebox for signs of corrosion, cracking and integrity
- Inspect the main burner operation and adjust fuel/air mixture if necessary
- Inspect vent and termination
- Clean pilot assembly
- Clean main burner assembly
- Clean firebox and glass
- Vacuum unit
- Refer to the manufacturer’s manual to check log positioning
- Verify correct operation of all optional equipment; fans, thermostats, remote control, etc.
- Leak test all gas fittings
- Reconstruct ember bed
- Check safety shut-off mechanism
- Check integrity of firebox and vent termination
- Check flame and burn characteristics
- Check flame control, thermostat, and switch circuit
- Touch up paint if required
- Change Batteries if applicable
- Operational test once service complete
Signs of service being required immediately:
- Pilot light outages and/or yellow or wavering burner flame
- Continuous or intermittent odor
- Booming noises upon start-up
- Dying house plants
- Condensation on the inside of the windows
Please Note: Natural gas or propane will emit a strong rotten egg odor as it escapes. If you smell gas, open doors and windows, get everyone outside and away from the building, shut off the main gas supply valve found at the tank or meter and contact your gas supplier immediately.
Phone calls to the gas supplier should be made from a neighbour’s home. Do not turn on any lights or appliances, which may cause a spark that could ignite the gas.
Troubleshooting & Maintenance
Occasionally a moment can arise when your fireplace stops working correctly. Fireside Heating Solutions’ technicians are available to provide troubleshooting support and to help repair your fireplace promptly and proficiently. It is important to your safety that your fireplace is operating correctly at all times. We are here to help! Call us anytime. 250-701-2723
Gas Range & Barbeque Box Installation
Our installation services extend beyond fireplaces, and our technicians are experienced in completing gas work for barbeque boxes and gas appliances. Call 250-701-2723 for all inquiries.